Cultivate London exists to support young people to gain the skills and competencies they need in order to access ongoing employment. We offer a range of training opportunities, including work experience and qualifications. You can join any time if you are:
- A young person who is currently unemployed and no longer engaged in education
- Aged between 16-24 years old
- Keen to work and learn outdoors on urban farms
We also offer short-term work experience placements for local students who are interested in learning more about urban farming and horticulture.
We provide practical, hands on work experience and training in:
- Sowing, planting and caring for
- Landscape gardening (e.g. strimming, pruning, edging, garden design)
- Constructing growing sites
- Health and safety
- Manual handling
- Sales and customer service
Each year, Cultivate London is able to offer a small number of paid Apprenticeships. We currently employ five Apprentices, and hope to be able to hire more in the near future.
Cultivate London Apprentices will achieve a Diploma in Amenity Horticulture, delivered by Caple Manor College, whilst working 28 hours each week. An apprenticeship lasts two years.
"This experience has really transformed me. At first I couldn’t even face talking to anyone, and now I am here every day"
"I feel more confident and more optimistic about my future. I feel like I have a useful skill to offer people."
MORE FEEDBACK: http://cultivatelondon.org/feedback/