Volunteer Traineeships and Work Experience
Cultivate London exists to support young people gain skills, work experience and access into ongoing employment. We offer three-month long volunteer Traineeships
- you can join any time if you are:
- A young person who is currently unemployed and no longer engaged in education
- Aged between 16-24 years old
- Keen to work and learn outdoors on urban farms
We also offer short-term work experience placements
for local students interested in learning more about urban farming and horticulture.
We provide practical, hands on work experience and training in:
- Sowing, planting, watering and harvesting herbs, salad leaves and vegetables
- Landscape gardening (e.g. strimming, pruning, edging, garden design)
- Constructing growing sites
- Health and safety
- Manual handling
- Sales and customer service
A Volunteer Trainee completes between 15 hours per week for three months on our growing sites. The fourth month is completed with another company (e.g. English Heritage, Royal Parks, landscaping companies) so that Trainees continue to build on their horticulture knowledge, skills and experience.
VIEW OUR TRAINEESHIP STRUCTURE
Each year, Cultivate London Ltd is able to offer a small number of paid apprenticeships to graduates of our trainee programme. We currently have four apprentices, and hope to be able to hire more in the near future.
Cultivate London apprentices will achieve a Diploma in Amenity Horticulture, delivered by Caple Manor College, whilst working 28 hours each week. An apprenticeship lasts two years.