Interested in getting into horticulture but not sure where to start? Or perhaps you just want to learn more about urban food growing?
Cultivate London is offering two, 3-month long summer internships, open to anyone interested in learning the ropes of an urban farming social enterprise. If you are willing to work hard and get your hands dirty, but also want to have fun and meet some great people, this opportunity could be for you. While at Cultivate London you will:
- Learn how to grow and care for a range of edible and ornamental plants
- Help deliver community-based food growing activities at the Salopian Kitchen Garden
- Learn the basics of garden maintenance, and get hands-on experience building and maintaining gardens around west London
- Learn how to safely use a range of garden equipment, including strimmers, hedge cutters and brush cutters
- Gain valuable experience working at a fast-paced, exciting and innovative social enterprise
Internships are unpaid, but we will cover your travel costs, and you will get to take home all sorts of wonderful, fresh produce from the garden!
If you are interested and would like to find out more, please get in touch with Adrienne.