Job Title: General Manager, Cultivate London
Reporting to: Chair of Board
Salary: £30,000 p.a., pro-rata
Hours: 3 days per week (negotiable)
Contract length: Fixed term contract to 31st March 2018.
Further employment possible pending performance and funding
Location: Enfield Road, Acton, W3 8RA
Regular travel from the office to other growing sites in Hounslow and Ealing, and to various meetings across London, is required
Cultivate London is a social enterprise in West London (Acton, Isleworth, Brentford) that offers unemployed youth training in urban horticulture and landscape gardening so they can find meaningful employment in our communities. The charity also converts derelict land in West London into productive food growing spaces for use by the local community and schools.
We are seeking a General Manager to work with other senior staff to build on our existing landscape gardening business infrastructure and help secure more clients, as well as to further develop Cultivate London’s youth and community training programmes. This role is for an energetic, passionate person focused on achieving set targets with the ability to think creatively and inspire others.
The General Manager will be required to:
Work with the Landscape Gardening Manager to build Cultivate London’s Landscape Gardening business, including expanding existing business and securing new business.
Work with the Growing Team to develop Cultivate London’s Kitchen Garden, in particular, working to increase community engagement there.
Work with senior staff to support the personal and professional development of Cultivate London’s Apprentices and Interns, and to develop Cultivate London’s youth training programme.
Develop existing professional and community-based networks, continuing to build Cultivate London’s presence in both the west London business community and charitable sector.
Continue to secure grant funding for both capital and revenue costs at least in line with annual budget requirements.
Manage the day-to-day administration of the organisation, including HR management, budget management, and financial forecasting.
The successful applicant will have skills and experience as listed below:
Key Skills and Experience:
- Managing a multi-disciplinary team to achieve agreed targets
- Managing an income and expenditure account and input to forecasting and budgeting
- Successful track record of securing grant funding through applications to trusts and foundations, and knowledge of government, trust, foundation and investment funding for non-profit companies -Passion for working with young people and/or the greater community, and generating positive opportunities
- Developing and maintaining relationships with customers, suppliers, corporate sponsors and investors -Reporting to a Board of Directors
- Confident with PR and social media
- Demonstrable marketing and sales experience, preferably in the horticulture or landscape gardening sectors
- Horticultural background with knowledge of plants and their growing seasons
- Valid UK drivers licence strongly desirable (minimum 3 years European driving experience required)
All applicants are required to email their CV (maximum of two A4 sides) and a covering letter addressing key skills and experience (maximum of one A4 side) to Adrienne Attorp: firstname.lastname@example.org