Aloe vera is a great carrier and also moisturizes and protects the skin against drying out, a side effect of using straight vodka to wash your hands. Essential oils are optional, as the germ-fighting properties come principally from the vodka, but many essential oils such as tea tree, peppermint, and lavender do have antibacterial properties and also reduce the unpleasant alcohol smell.
- 2 tbsp good-quality vodka
- 3 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 15 drops essential oils (optional)
- Combine the vodka and aloe vera gel in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add 15 drops of essential oils of your choice.
- Transfer to a small squeeze bottle, glass jar etc.
- Keep in a cool, dark place and away from direct sunlight, and supervise young children if they will be using this sanitizer solution.
Author Gemma Daldin Cultivate London Apprentice