Individuals are better equipped to identify and sustain suitable employment whilst building confidence and connection through increased knowledge, capability and opportunity,
Working with communities to create social cohesion with shared appreciation for green spaces and education in the power of horticulture and developing and preserving green spaces.
the environment by increasing biodiversity in public & commercial spaces to help reduce the impact of climate change whilst creating new and/or enhancing green spaces for local residents in West London.
- Increased opportunity for local communities to access green spaces and to communicate their views.
- Opportunity for increased independence, confidence and skills in the work place for greater employment potential.
- Opportunity for respite and social connection.
- Increased utilisation and appreciation of green space by community members through developing knowledge and skills in food growing, gardening and biodiversity.
- Increased accessibility for communities including those that support additional needs, mental and physical health.
Pride of Place
- Increased ownership and community engagement in green spaces.
- Increased desired by residents to spend time enjoying, creating and maintaining productive, beautiful, biodiverse green spaces that suit their needs.
- Enhanced communication between commercial organisations & communities.
- Developing relationships within and between communities by engaging & educating to strengthen our overall objectives to enhance communities and London’s green spaces.
Sustainable Development Goals
The work we do contributes directly to 7 of the UN Sustainable Development Goals:
- Goal 2. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Goal 3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Goal 8. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- Goal 11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Goal 12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Goal 13. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- Goal 15. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss