Cultivate London Plant Nursery, Enfield Road, W3 8RA
In January 2016 we opened a new growing site (owned by Ealing Council) on the South Acton Estate. This replaces our previous site on the estate (Park Road East), which we operated for the 2015 season.
With the help of Ealing Council and Countryside Properties we set up 7 polytunnels on this new site. From here we continue to work to engage youth, residents of South Acton estate and members of the wider community in food growing. We also grow a wide range of herbs, vegetables, flowers and herbaceous perennials for sale to the community and to businesses across London.
What we are doing:
- Working with school children and other community members to plant vegetables and flowers
- Engaging with up to 30 youth on our 2015 training programme, and supporting minimum 15 of these on into employment or education
- Offering training session on food growing to members of the South Acton Estate
- Working with local community groups (e.g. ACF, Acton Community Allotment, Bollo Bridge Youth Centre) to “green” the Estate
- Making a range of vegetables, herbs and flowers available to members of the South Acton Estate at affordable prices
- Hosting open days and other community events on site to engage people in food growing and community activities